Destination Wedding ChecklistPlan Ahead for the Perfect Wedding Day with Rabbi Steve
Be Sure to Speak With Rabbi Steve Before You Plan Your Big Day!
Contact Rabbi Steve A Year or More in Advance!
- Plan your budget. This should take into account typical wedding items as well as travel expenses.
- Pick a country/region you’d like to get married in. Consider wedding date and the weather of that location. Get your passports and travel visas ASAP!
- Set your date and pick a venue.
- Be sure Rabbi Steve is available before you secure your date !!!
- Create a guest list.
- Talk about marriage license options with your fiancé. Depending on your wedding location, marriage requirements greatly vary.
- Considering hiring a planner and a travel agent. Someone who knows your area of choice takes a load off your shoulders.
- Reserve your honeymoon suite if you plan honeymooning immediately after the wedding.
9–11 Months In Advance
- Pick your bridal party. Make sure they have all passports and any other identification needed to travel.
- Send out “Save The Dates.” These should be sent far in advance to give guests plenty of time to make travel arrangements.
- Create a wedding website. Include details on travel, accommodations, registry details, and more.
- Create your gift registry. But keep in mind expenses guests are already paying for travel.
- Reserve a wedding room block. Contact hotels near your venue and let your guests know of any promotional codes they’ll need to book with the discounted rate.
- Pick your wedding attire!
- Find vendors. Try phone calls and Skype consultations to “meet” before you book them.
6–8 Months In Advance
- Purchase airline tickets.
- Take engagement photos.
- Book the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner location(s).
- Schedule your dress fitting, get the bridal party’s attire. Remember the flower girl and ring bearer!
- Order your wedding invitations.
- Book wedding-day transportation. Make sure everyone can get to the venue from the hotel easily.
- Finalize vendors. Make sure you’ve booked the officiant, photographer/videographer, florist, DJ or Band, Cake Maker, Rentals & Linens, and Hairstylist/Makeup Artist. Get everything in writing.
3–5 Months In Advance
- Finalize your guest list.
- Scheduling any informal recreational activities. T
- Purchase wedding rings and accessories. Veil, wedding shoes, undergarments, etc.
- Finalize honeymoon plans.
6–8 Weeks In Advance
- Confirm all: Flight and hotel bookings, guest RSVPs and meal choices, wedding vows and readings (with your officiant) ,shot list with your photographer/videographer, menu/beverage/catering details, rental delivery times/pickups, song list for ceremony/cocktail hour/reception (with your DJ /band/musicians), who is giving the toasts.
- Get any required vaccines and legal documents in order.
- Order wedding favors for your guests and/or welcome bags for your guests.
3–5 Weeks In Advance
- Send anything you can’t take with you on the plane to an on-site wedding coordinator.
- Pick up your wedding rings
- Final dress fitting..
- Create a packing list
1–2 Weeks In Advance
- Pick up your gown.
- Confirm flight numbers and arrival times. Especially for bridal party.
- Finalize seating arrangements.
- Speaking of emergencies: Check the weather report!
- Start packing for your wedding and honeymoon.
- Figure out tips and final payments for vendors. Tipping customs vary from country to country.
A Few Days in Advance
- Arrive at your wedding destination.
- Do final checks. This could be a walk-through of the ceremony/reception venues, meeting with vendors, applying for marriage licenses, having a tasting, a hair/makeup trial, and more.
- Have your wedding dress steamed.
Let’s Plan Your Big Day!
Get information on availability, pricing, accommodations, and everything you need to make your event perfect!